Saturday, December 15, 2012

Words Are All I Have

I truly believe in the right to bear arms. I also truly believe that we don't need to bear assault rifles. But then there's that militia thing. I also believe in a well-armed militia being our final line of defense (not sure about the "regulated" part). I don't know where the answer lies, but I do know this - our innocents should not be paying the price.

Here is my contribution to the cause:



Innocents Lost
By Ann Wilmer-Lasky
 
Layer by layer,
The onion loses life, peeled,
By insanity.
 
Death by senseless death,
The world loses innocents;
Heaven gains its stars.
 
The tears of angels
Flood our universe with grief
The tipping point gained,
 
Its settling unknown
Known only this attention,
This time, must be paid.




No comments:

Post a Comment